Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

“Oh! I am delighted with the book! I should like to spend my whole life in reading it.”

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I watched the ITV adaptation of Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey for the very first time a while back and I immediately fell in love with the plot. I must admit that I have fallen in love with Mr Tilney and he is by far my favourite Austen leading man. I had been planning on buying the book for a while but this hurried my decision and placed an order at Waterstones as soon as I had finished the programme. I am normally one to read the books before watching the film but so far I have seen the films of all the Jane Austen books I own before actually reading them. 
 I love the covers that Penguin have designed for all their classics and I am intent on owning all of their Jane Austen collection before they decide to change them again. Call me OCD but I absolutely hate owing a set of books by the same author with drastically different cover designs. (I have even come to the conclusion of re-buying Pride and Prejudice simply so it will match!) Even worse when they decide to change them MID WAY THROUGH a series before all the books have been published! I can't be doing with that. 
I cannot wait to start reading Northanger Abbey though, but for now it shall have to wait until I have read one of the many Jane Costello books I own (they are my guilty pleasure. I. Must. Own. Them. All.) which shouldn't take too long as I have almost completed it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment