Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Drug Store Haul

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I went on a trip to Boots yesterday and I think I went a bit crazy. In my defence I did have vouchers I
needed to spend!

The first item I bought was the Max Factor Masterpiece MAX Mascara. I have been after this for quite a while but never actually got round to buying some. From my experience of a small tester tube my mum gave me a few months ago this is an extremely good product and made my lashes look very long indeed without making them look natural. It is priced at £9.99 which is more than I would normally pay for mascara (I work to a very strict budget) but I am more than happy with it. 


I purchased the Rimmel London Match Perfect Foundation which I am yet to use but I have heard very good things about! This was priced at £6.99 which I think is reasonable for a foundation. All I'm hoping now is that I chose the right shade! 


I have been in desperate need for some more red nail varnish for agees as all of the many I already have, have run out. I chose the Rimmel Salon Pro Nail By Kate Nail Polish in the Hip Hop colour. I have an obsession with brightly coloured nail varnish and red is by far my favourite. I have previously bought nail varnish from Rimmel before which I am in love with so I thought it would be a good idea so buy some more of their's. This nail varnish cost me £4.49.



I also bought the Rimmel London HD 5 Pan Eyeshadow in the Brixton Brown shade. I used to have a huuuge eye-shadow pallet with every colour you possibly wish for but I have no idea where on Earth it could have got to so now I am having to start my collection again from scratch. I am a fan of the natural look so I tend to opt for neutral cream and brown colours when choosing eye-shadow so this suited me perfectly. It is priced at £6.99.


I decided to buy a blusher and bronzer, neither of which I normally use but I feel like I am missing them from my life. I chose the Revlon Highlighting Pallete which I got in both the Rose Glow and Bronze Glow shades. Both were priced at £8.99.


My favourite buy of the day had to be the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Pleasure Me Red. I have a very unhealthy obsession with lipstick - especially red - that doesn't plan on leaving me any time soon so I may as well add to the collection. I have been looking for a more subtle, darker red for a while as I normally seem to choose very bright shades but I fell in love with this as soon as I picked it up. It cost me £7.19 which isn't the most I've spent on a lipstick before I was quite happy with the price. 


Last but not least I decided it was time to invest in a back combing brush. I don't back comb my hair to the point of no return but I have had many an occasion where one would have come in handy. I got the Denman Dressing Out Brush which I bought for a friend's birthday a while ago and she said it was great (she is obsessed with back combing her hair) so I thought why not?! It is priced at £4.29.


So that was my very first drug store haul post! I do apologize for the poor quality. I am looking forward to trying all the products out an may possibly post some reviews in the future!



Links For the Products:


No comments:

Post a Comment