Pages

Saturday 24 May 2014

So many books, so much time.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


The other day I took a trip to my local book store and purchased three new novels for my ever growing collection. I have to admit it was a very difficult choice but after frantically texting a few friends asking for their recommendations and doing that thing that they tell you never to do, judging them by their covers, I came to a decision.  I chose Longbourn by Jo Baker which is basically a retelling of Pride and Prejudice from the servants point of view. The second book I chose was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. My friend recommended this one to me and she told me how interesting it was to read the story of a character within Germany during the second world rather than from a British perspective. The final book I bought was The Crimson Petal and the White. I knew that this had been turned into a BBC television series a few years ago, but I never had the chance to watch it. I bought this on a sort of whim thinking "It must be good if it was turned into a TV programme?!" I'm just hoping it doesn't let me down...
I am still reading Dracula  and I am still finding as hard to put down as when I started. I am also attempting to read Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. I know many people find it hard to read two books at a time, but I have never had this problem. Maybe it's just years and years of practice I've had at doing this! I haven't got very far with it yet, but so far so good!



 I can't wait to get on and read my new books, alas I think they may have to wait until my exams are over in June.

Fairwell for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment