Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

“I like good strong words that mean something…”

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Next month is one of my closest friend's 18th birthday. I have known her since the first few days of starting high school all the way back in 2007 so I wanted to make it special. She loves Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit - a feeling I never have, and never will, understand - so I decided to buy her one of the Moleskine's limited edition, The Hobbit journals. It is a handy pocket size which should hopefully come in handy for when she starts uni in September. I think these journals are really sweet and I am very tempted to buy myself one albeit not a Hobbit themed one!
She has also been saying for a long while now how she wishes for a "nice" copy of the book Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I had a look around and it did not take me long at all to find a this really pretty, hardback copy. It is by the publishers Barnes and Noble who just so happened to produce my copy of Dracula. I really like the idea behind their range of new covers for many classic novels as I think many of them make the books appear as they may have done when they were originally published. 
As a little extra I also decided to buy a couple of postcards from the Literary Emporium store on Not On The High Street. The gift would have been enough without these yet when I saw them I immediately thought of my friend as she loves books so much.
I have just over a month before I can give them to her but I don't think I can wait that long! I just hope she loves them as much as I loved buying them! 





The Hobbit Moleskine journal can be found here, Little Women can be found here and the postcards can be found here and here


No comments:

Post a Comment